Uniform and equipment
The file for download below provides a list of the essential and desirable equipment needed for school - we appreciate your support in providing your child with the equipment needed for learning and success.
We feel that the wearing of a smart and presentable uniform plays an important part in getting students to take pride in their appearance, their work and their school. It creates a strong identity which we should all be proud of.
We will make you aware in the event of the uniform expectations not being met and appreciate your efforts in resolving any such issues. Students who are not wearing the correct uniform may be sent home to rectify this. You will always be notified if this should be the case.
- Blazer: Black school blazer with school badge.
- Trousers: Plain black, tailored, straight-leg full length trousers. No jeans, cords, or canvas material. Female students should not wear fashion trousers, particularly those that are tight fitting, have belts sewn on them or have buttons on the front panel.
- Skirt: Plain black. Whilst we do not want to prescribe a particular length of skirt, skirt lengths should not be either too short or too tight-fitting. Knee length is suggested as a guide.
- Shirt: Plain white with a collar and top button appropriate for use with a school tie. Soft collared sports shirts are not acceptable i.e. polo shirts. No T-shirts are to be worn. There should be no badges or motifs on shirts. Shirts must be tucked in at all times.
- School Tie: All students are required to wear a school tie. This can be either a normal school tie or a clip on. School ties need to be in immaculate condition. If your son/daughter’s tie has threads pulled or ink marks on it, then this will need to be replaced.
- Jumper: Only the official school jumper may be worn (black, V-neck). Although the school jumper is an optional uniform item, it is recommended that all students wear it.
- Socks or Tights: Plain white, black or grey. Neutral or black tights may also be worn.
- Shoes: Plain black shoes. The wearing of fashion shoes, particularly those without backs or with high/stiletto heels is not permitted. Boots, trainers or trainer-like shoes should not be worn. Canvas / suede is not permitted. We suggest shoes which can be easily polished are most suitable and simple.
- PE Kit: Academy logo PE top with Academy logo or plain black shorts.
- School Coat: Students may wear plain coats or jackets. Hoodies, tracksuit tops or sports coats with logos are not allowed. Fashion coats such as leather/denim jackets or body-warmers are also not permitted.
- Jewellery: Jewellery can be a safety hazard; it also gets lost easily. Students may wear one pair of studs in the lower earlobe. Any other visible piercing is not permitted. Students are also not allowed to wear rings, bracelets or necklaces in school.
- Hairstyles: We expect hair styles to be neat and tidy and not extreme in any way. This includes tightly-shaven hair, tramlines or the use of brightly-coloured dyes. In the interest of student safety, long hair must be tied back in PE lessons.
- Make Up and Nail Varnish: Make-up, nail varnish, false nails or false eyelashes are not permitted.
If you are unclear regarding any of these expectations, please contact the school for further information.
Sherwood Academy Uniform is available from Just Schoolwear in Arnold - please visit their website to find out more or order direct.